Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday (9)

I know this is late, but I was busy yesturday, you know all those holiday returns.  So this week's Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by the Broke and the Bookish) is Your Top Ten Favorite Books of 2010!

  1. The Outsiders- Truly a beautiful story, and it was written by a teen, and it took place in the 50's (with greasers!), and it was the book that helped me grow up to realize what it means to be grown up.  The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton: Book Cover
  2. Mockingjay- I cried and cried, and cried. Suzanne's message was that powerful.  It would be wrong not to have this book on my Top Ten, and it would be #1 if not for the growning up thing.Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3) by Suzanne Collins: Book Cover
  3. The Enemy- Yes it's about zombies, and the end of the world, but this author has gone somewhere no one else would dare to go.  I judge other books by using this book.  I'm only a step away from swearing by it!  It was almost as powerful as Mockingjay.
  4. The Enemy by Charlie Higson: Book Cover
  5. The Tenth Circle- Yes, it's an adult book, but it's one every teen should read.  This book is real, and it happens.  Some critics (that aren't me) might think that this book was exsaggerated, but it's not Pretty Little Liars is exsaggerated, not this.  I read this with my mom, and we grew a lot closer because of it.
  6. The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult: Book Cover
  7. Meridian- I just finished this one, and I swear IT IS PERFECT!  Anyone who like paranormal romance get your head out of Twilight or Evermore, and read this one!  It's a good book, unlike the pervious mentioned. 
  8. Meridian by Amber Kizer: Book Cover
  9. 68 Knots- I liked this book.  I felt that the characters where those kind of characeters that could do the most boring things in the world and I would still love to read about them.  Yet they didn't do boring things, they'll sailed a ship, and became pirates, and learned life lessons that they'll always have.  I'd reccomend this one to anyone that's interested.
  10. 68 Knots by Michael Robert Evans: Book Cover
  11. Geektastic- this book as left me with a love for short stories that won't ever be replaced.  I'm not even a Trekkie or a huge Rocky Horror fan, (book nerd), but I just really liked how funny and real the stories were. The cover is pretty awesome too. 
  12. Geektastic by Holly Black: Book Cover
  13. The Ghost and the Goth- There's been a lot of hype about this book (or at least I think so), and it desireves it.  It's a really awesome book, and for a first book it's amazing!
  14. Project 17- This book is about of group of teens that spend the night in a haunted, abandoned insane assilum.  It's creepy and well written.  (read it in a day because it was that good).  I liked and I'm TERRIFIED of ghosts so that shows how good it is. So...there.
  15. Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz: Book CoverProject 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz: Book CoverWhich cover do you like better?
  16. Beach Blondes (the first three books of the Summer series)-  I read it over the summer when I was in Key West, and it's was perfect for that.  It takes place in the Keys, and I don't know if the authors ever been there (she made up a fake Key), but it was like she had been because as I'm reading this I see the things she's describing out the car window! 
Beach Blondes by Katherine Applegate: Book Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment