Friday, December 31, 2010

Crescendo Review

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Pages: 427
Genre: Paranormal Romance
From: Christmas present :)

Synopsis: 
Feisty teen Nora Grey somehow survived the crises of Hush, Hush!, but dangers just as frightening loom in this standalone sequel. Patch, her guardian angel and love interest, appears to have a dark side and a wandering eye. Worse yet, he seems intent on obstructing Nora as she hunts for the truth behind her father's mysterious death. Even better than the first.

           Becca has an amazing writing style all her own that leaves me with no trouble seeing what she's trying to show me.  This novel has gotten me so confused!  Every twist in the plot leaves me totally clueless.  There's no way I could ever figure out what's coming next.  Becca obviously spent a lot of time mapping out the plot for this one.
           Some other reviews have found Nora a bit annoying.  I feel like I'm seeing her for the first time while I'm second guessing everyone else (except for Vee, she's my favorite character in this novel because she seems to be the only one looking out for Nora).  At the beginning Nora can't think straight because she's in love!  And she realizes she's being stupid, but the next time she sees Patch she blows up at him; this is something I can totally relate to.  Think about it how many times have you done something stupid, realized you were wrong, then acted the same way again? (More times than I can count.) In the middle Nora did get a bit annoying, but then another twist in the plot made me realize, if it was me I'd have chickened out by now, Nora is so brave to keep going even if she was on her own (except for Vee).  You realize what that means? Nora is a developed character!  Yeah, Becca you gave me the one thing I asked for from this book!
           Good authors have you believing something when behind the scenes they're doing something else.  Becca had me believing, believing to the point of wanting Nora to just leave it alone.  I'm so glad she didn't because there were some insane twists.  Wow!  This was a really great story, and I'm very happy to write that Becca Fitzpatrick exceeded my expectations with this book.  I can't wait for the next book! 

Characters: 9
Plot: 9
Suspense: 10
Theme: 8
Pace: 9
Mood: 9
Cover: 9
Overall:9- Amazing book.  I loved it and am proud to have it on my shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment