Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mockingjay Reiview

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Publisher: Scholastic
Pages: 390
Genre: Sci-fi
From: Library

Synopsis:
The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.
Who do they think should pay for the unrest?
Katniss Everdeen.
The final book in The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins will have hearts racing, pages turning, and everyone talking about one of the biggest and most talked-about books and authors in recent publishing history!!!!


This book is so sad, yet the most romantic thing I've ever read.  Of course it was still full of action, and it killed me to set it down.  I took it with me to the 7th Harry Potter! because I got to the movie an hour early.  Yet I didn't read it while I was waiting to go in the theater because we had to stand in line.
           Back to the review, If you've read the Hunger Games this book is so different.  It has hard-core plot, theme, conflict, etc.  Suzanne Collins draws you in with the first two action-filled books then slams down this powerful message that left me crying and spazzing around the house for two days straight.  Wow, Suzanne Collins is a genius!  Let break it down for you.
           American kids have never experienced war they don't know how traumatizing it is so they don't often appreciate all of the things they have.  In the Hunger Games kids follow Katniss threw the ware against the Capitol, then at the end she's so traumatized and Suzanne describes it so well that I could feel it.  Never before have I, an American kid, felt such horrible emotions before. I've already made a vow to make a bigger deal about Vetran's Day because vetran's are just like Katniss, so traumatized that sometimes they can't lead normal lives.  The very thought of WWII had me in tears.
           Everyone should read this book, I don't care if you don't like sad books, READ THIS! PLEASE.
           Suzanne Collins knows how to write a book.

Characters: 10
Plot: 10
Suspence: 10
Theme: 10
Pace: 10
Mood: 10
Cover: 10
Overall: 10- changed my life

No comments:

Post a Comment