Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sorcerer's Stone Review


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

I finished this one two days after I saw the movie. 

How does the book compare to the movie? -  I thought that movie did a great job in capturing the mood of the book while I was watching the movie it was almost exactly like the book which is so hard to do.  I remember when I was little and saw this movie when it first came out.  The troll gave me nightmares.

What was the best part of the book? - Hmm...I would have to say that the Quidditch matches were the best.  I love how in detail his first match was in the movie, while they kind of lost importance in the others.  I loved how he was a great player at such a young age it was kind of funny really, but it melted my heart when he said he was glad that he was known for something other than what he had done as a baby.

Who was your favorite character in this book (besides Harry, Ron, and Hermione)? - Oliver Wood.  I know that he wasn't in a lot of these, and I also dislike how he is portrayed as a mindless Quidditch jock, but he was my favorite.  I see a lot of potential in this character, and I was glad that he didn't give Harry a hard time when he could of.  He could have made Harry's life miserable but instead he helped him become "the youngest seeker of the century".  Comments?

What was spaz-worthy about this book? - How funny the first years were!  I remember being excatly like that when I was that age.  They were obsessed with getting as many points as possible then it dies off as they get older.  The akward stage!  Love it, it's like J.K. Rowling was inside a child's mind.  DRAGONS!  I would spaz over these at any time! 

What parts were foreshadowing, that you didn't see before? -  When Harry first reads Nicholas's name on the chocolate frog card, I remember when I figured that out it was like, OH! I'm stupid.  That was like a red flag to me this time.  Yet I also noticed all of Snape's weird behavior to be because of Quirrel.  A lot of that I hadn't noticed last time.

What house would you be in this book, and why? - The first book is of course not that exciting compared to the rest of them.  So I'd actually have rather stayed out of Harry's way for this one.  I would have been more use in my house of choice, Ravenclaw.  I'm a Ravenclaw because I'm smart yet at the age of eleven I wasn't as brave as I thought, I was just annoying.  Oh well. 

They've grown up so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment