Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Heart You, You Haunt Me Review



I Heart You, You Haunt Me
by: Lisa Schroeder
I Heart You, You Haunt MePages: 227
Genre: Romance, Supernatural (not paranormal romance)
Girl meets boy.

Girl loses boy.

Girl gets boy back...

...sort of.

Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.

Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

Overall: 9- one of the most emotional books I've ever read  


            I read the book so fast because it was in verse, and I wanted to know how the story went.  The second time I would have read it like poems and I would have taken my time in absorbing all the effects of poetry.  I actually did that when I first started reading.  The way the letters were spaced the text was full of emotion and sorrow.  But then the story picked up, and I got to into it to take my time. 
             I could really connect with the main character.  The ghost in the story wasn't at all fake.  It was actually so real that I got shivers, and the ghost really creeped me out.  When Ava was in pain I cried.  The secondary characters really tried to help Ava and cared for her.  I couldn't really connect with all of them but that was because this book was written in first person.  And the narrator is very depressed at the time. 
             Finally!  Lisa Schroeder did a very good job with this novel.  I could tell  she worked very hard to get all of the characters to be real, for the plot to be paced, and the themes in this novel were so obvious threw out that I know that Lisa knew what she wanted in this book from the very beginning.  Chasing Brooklyn another of Lisa's books will definitely by on my TBR list. 

Cover: 8
Plot: 9
Characters: 10
Theme: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment