This is hosted at The Brooke and the Bookish! Today's topic is...
Top Ten Books that Should be Required Reading for Teens
Here it is in no particular order than how they rolled off my brain.
- Outsiders- This book was amazing and was one of the things that really helped me grow up during that awkward in-between stage. I used to not like these people that went to my school. I called them "Preps" because they played sports and I was convinced that they all hated me and my friends. After reading this book, I realized that that was a really stupid thing for me to believe.
- Harry Potter- It's now a classic so now is the time to read it no matter what age you are.
- Hunger Games- So well done, and with such a strong message. I highly reccomend that everyone read them all, but the real required reading is Mockingjay. After I finished it I felt as if one of dear friends had died, and I cried and grieved for hours. During this time I realized just how lucky Americans are not to have ever had a war here. We should be grateful to our vetrans for that.
- Revolution- I haven't even finished this book yet, but this is how writing should be. Not the crap publishers have been feeding us since Twilight hit the bestseller list. This is a real novel.
- Night by Elie Wiesel- A powerful book about a boy who lived through the Holocaust. Everyone should know what happened there so that it never happens again.
- A Dog's Purpose- This book was really well done, and why would you want to read about dogs? because it's just about dogs it's about reincarnation, and finding your purpose. A thought-stirrer, and it's really funny and suspenseful that I read it quite quickly.
- For Twilight Fans- The Tantalize trilogy- how a vampire novel should be done!