Monday, February 27, 2012

Review: Theo Boone- Abduction

Theodore Boone: The Abduction by John Grisham
Publisher: Penguin
Pages: 217
 Genre: Mystery Thriller Middle Grade
From: Borrowed


Status: Read in less than 24 hours.
I loved the first book because it had all the thrill of the court room, except the main character was thirteen.  The entire idea is hilarious, but interesting enough to peak at even if this book is middle grade.  Abduction is the sequel (I admit I like the first book more).  Theo was more of a victim in this book, and less of a kid lawyer, but his knowledge of the law is what helped him in the end.  Everything was still great, and had all the style and humor of the first.  A thirteen year-old besting a police man and a real lawyer kept me laughing.
Theo made me wonder why I don't read middle grade more often.  John Grisham sells as many books as he does because of his great pronounced style. Not many authors have that. 
For fans of Law&Order.

Rating: 8/10- I <3 Theo Boone.

No comments:

Post a Comment