Sunday, August 21, 2011

In My Mailbox (5)

This is hosted at The Story Siren.

True to my word from last week I have two new books from the library, and I made a trip to Barnes and Noble yesterday.

Library:

This one I've been planning to get for awhile, and now that I have it I really like it.   Eon is full of culture and diversity that really adds to the plot.  It's not like the author was like, "hmm... I'm going to make this person...black.  Okay.  Yeah, now I'm representing another race."  No, she has really thought out each character.

I'm am so excited for this one!  I love this author, but this will be the first novel I've read of hers.  After reading Zombies vs. Unicorns I'm am still team zombie, but her story was just as awesome as any brain-blasting zombie story.


This is a nonfiction book I picked up because I'm trying to improve my writing skills.  This is the third one I've read, and this one so far is the funniest.  Only on chapter two.


Barnes and Noble:
The American Century Thesaurus
This is what I bought!  My word choice has never been that good so I bought this to help when I do start writing that story.  It might be today it might be in a few years either way I'll be prepared.



Guess what I saw at Barnes and Noble that I didn't buy! 



I know I'm disappointed in myself too.

5 comments:

  1. I totally loved Eon, I read it and it's sequel this month, I get what you mean about the diversity and well thought out characters!

    I loved Rampant too, the whole idea was original and fun!

    Enjjoy! I need to read Nightshade and Wolfsbane!

    New follower (just because you're anti-Twilight!)

    Here's My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mailbox - Rampant looks like something I would enjoy.

    Happy reading!
    Crys
    Wannabe Librarian IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Rampant! I hope you do too!

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Rampant, but I've read mixed reviews on it, so I'm not sure!:O

    lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete